In response to the Chinese dietary guidelines announcement to eat less meat, PSAs were produced featuring Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, and Li Bingbing to highlight meat’s impact on the environment, climate and health.
Less Meat, Less Heat, More Life is a public service announcement (PSA) campaign in China featuring PPTF Founder James Cameron, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and China’s most famous actress, Li Bingbing. Produced by WildAid, the campaign was launched in support of the Chinese Nutrition Society’s recommendation of 50% meat reduction.
In the Media
- The Guardian: Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Cameron urge people to eat less meat
- The Telegraph: Climate change campaigners welcome China’s plan to halve meat consumption
- Fusion: China’s new dietary guidelines: Eat half as much meat
- EcoWatch: China’s Plan to Cut Meat Consumption by 50% Cheered by Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron
- NPR: What would happen if China put itself on a diet?
- Christian Science Monitor: Why the Terminator is Telling Chinese to Eat Less Meat